Sunday, November 1, 2009

Penny Drive

I got the idea to do a penny drive to help raise the funds I need to go to Kenya...I thought it would be an easy, fun way to do it! But I learned quickly that in order to do it well, it would take lots of time and effort. But I'm excited to say that we had the kick-off this morning. Already, just from having a bottle at my mom's desk at work, and some bottles placed at our church's Fall Festival last night, I've received almost $100!

We're hoping for $1500, and I think we're going to get it! The kids seem pretty excited and anxious to find ways to fill their 20-oz gatorade bottle with coins each week. We're emphasizing the competition aspect between the younger and older kids, as the month's theme is "Sibling Rivalry!" Please pray that God will meet and even exceed the financial goals of this event during the next 4 weeks!

Travel Update: I've secured a one-way ticket from Miami, through London and on to Nairobi for the 12th of January. It's the perfect ticket, in terms of timing, cost and luggage allowances. Praise the Lord!

Keep praying for that last 10% and the vehicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment